Monday, March 4, 2013

Cliff Hanger Takes The Front Page


Following on from yesterday's post (which can be found here), the next character to take the front cover spot was Cliff Hanger, on issue dated 20th May 1994. The colours, particularly the fire and the shading, are excellent with this cover, and was coloured by the strips artist - Jack Edward Oliver. As far as I'm aware, this was the only time Cliff ever appeared on the front cover, and one of the only times he had two pages (there were a few other episodes). 



Now, before you continue, can you correctly guess the answer?


Other posts in this series:

Tom Thug

Chalky

X-Ray Specs

Captain Crucial

2 comments:

Lew Stringer said...

Just a correction, George, - I said John Burns coloured my Tom Thug cover (and the Buster strip). I didn't say he coloured that Cliff Hanger cover. Completely different style. I'd guess Jack Oliver coloured that himself.

George Shiers said...

Thanks for that Lew - I was assuming that since he coloured the front cover regulary he'd have done this one too!