Friday, June 7, 2013

Free Christmas Strips at Beano.com!


I know it's nowhere near Christmas at the moment but I have just come across a PDF of some old festive Beano strips uploaded to the Beano website, and since I'll probably have long forgotten about it by December I thought it would be best to share them with you now.

There's six strips in total, a front cover starring Biffo, a Three Bears strip, a Little Plum strip, a Billy Whizz strip and two Bash Street Kids adventures, from the pen of Leo Baxendale!

You can read them by clicking the below! The description says it will download the strips, but it actually just opens them in another tab on your internet browser. You can save the strips by clicking this icon, which pops up when the PDF opens:


Anyway, enough talk - click below for festive fun!

http://www.beano.com/characters/bash-street-kids/downloads/classic-christmas-comic-stories!


4 comments:

gobshyte said...

thanks for the heads up on this.great to read again.if you go to the bottom right of the screen with your cursor when the pdf has opened a little icon appears giving you the option to save to somewhere on your hard drive.ive now copied them on to my kindle to read later at er.....work.thanks again

George Shiers said...

Thanks for that - I didn't realise you could save it!

Enjoy the strips!

gobshyte said...

I have a non beano related question for you.do you remember a character called Savage from the early days of 2000ad?anyway there is a series of graphic novels which collects the story but they aren't numbered.do you have any idea in which order they run so I know what to read first etc?I've looked on amazon to see and have tried a google search but I am none the wiser.
Thanks very much
Gobshyte

George Shiers said...

I'm afraid I can't help you there, as I'm not a huge fan of 2000AD and so only have a few issues (it's alright, but it's not something I look for in particular).

Have you tried your question at the comicsuk forum? There's a section for individual comics and groups, including one for 2000AD:

http://comicsuk.co.uk/forum/viewforum.php?f=11&sid=f23bbaeb736a1940382737621daf4482