Tuesday, August 2, 2011

American or Australian?

Around 10 - 15 years ago (I'm not really 100% sure on the exact year) classic American comics were been reproduced over in Australia! It's really easy to tell the difference between them, without even looking to see where it was printed! Take this 1973 comic 'Casper and The Ghostly Trio' #7 for example.
This is an American printed comic because it has the "Comic stamp" in the top right hand corner. See below:

Inside the comic there are the 'famous' adverts that appear in so many different comics from around the 1950's 'till the 1980's:

Whereas in the reprints they fill in those spaces with adverts such as these:

I'm not entirely sure how many different titles were reprinted in Australia, as these are my first ones
and I only picked them up today! The ones I do have are'The Jetsons' #5, 'The Flintstones' #2 and 'Quick Draw McGraw' #1!

No comments: