Monday, December 30, 2013

Buster Enters 1982


Firstly, my apologies for not having blogged for a while but the reason for that was because I was moving house. But I'm back now and let's kick-start things again with a celebratory New Year's special Buster comic, celebrating the transition from 1981 to 1982.

Buster's story appeared just inside the front cover with terrific artwork as always by Reg Parlett.


The next page is home to Deadly Headly, who celebrates his New Year by going undercover at the circus! Artwork by Martin Baxendale.


Billy Blow was an interesting strip about a boy with the most incredible lungs in the world. Artwork here is by Rob Lee.


Next up is Master Mind, a fantastic strip by Jack Edward Oliver. I believe this is Jack's personal favourite strip, and it's not hard to see why - it's fun and interactive alongside good quality scripts.



And finally, here's the two-page S.O.S. Squad from this issue, with absolutely fantastic artwork coming from the pen of Mike Lacey.



That wraps up the look at this comic and probably also Wacky Comics for the year, seeing as we've only one full day of 2013 left. So I wish all of the readers of my blog a very happy New Year and I'll see you all again when normal blogging service resumes in 2014!

1 comment:

Peter Gray said...

-I love the early 80's fleetway comics...my era..


Happy New Year Wacky!